Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More info on SQL Server 2005 Express problem install

When I run the setup there is a System Configuration Check page. I get 13
successes and 2 warnings. The 2 warnings are:
Minimum hardware requirement - there is about 37GB free space, 512MB memory,
an Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU.
IIS Feature requirement - says not installed. Is IIS REQUIRED? Help says
some features may be disabled - that's all.
Then after going through wizard it complained that the SQL Server native
client wasn't available - so ~I will try to download and install that
separately.
Then I get error SQL Server database Services - setup failed. Refer to
setup log - where is that?
There are lots of log files in c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
subdirectories.
Help please. This is proving a lot harder than I imagined.
AngusI was installing SQL Server 2005 Express Advanced and gave up on that and
installed just standard SQL Server 2005 Express - that worked without a
hitch.
"Angus" <nospam@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:#mrYry7kHHA.680@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> When I run the setup there is a System Configuration Check page. I get 13
> successes and 2 warnings. The 2 warnings are:
> Minimum hardware requirement - there is about 37GB free space, 512MB
memory,
> an Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU.
> IIS Feature requirement - says not installed. Is IIS REQUIRED? Help says
> some features may be disabled - that's all.
> Then after going through wizard it complained that the SQL Server native
> client wasn't available - so ~I will try to download and install that
> separately.
> Then I get error SQL Server database Services - setup failed. Refer to
> setup log - where is that?
> There are lots of log files in c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server
> subdirectories.
> Help please. This is proving a lot harder than I imagined.
> Angus
>
>|||Hi Angus
"Angus" wrote:
> I was installing SQL Server 2005 Express Advanced and gave up on that and
> installed just standard SQL Server 2005 Express - that worked without a
> hitch.
>
The differences are shown at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/compare/default.aspx if you
wanted reporting services then you would need advanced edition and IIS, but
it should not stop the install of the other components. I am wondering if you
installed the toolkit by mistake?
John

No comments:

Post a Comment