Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More MSDE Installation Problems.

I too am having problems with MSDE with VS.NET. I am trying to install the Dunwamish Enterprise Example App and I keep getting the following error: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).] SQL Server does not exist or access denied." Also, most of the exa
mples refer to the PUBS database which I can't find anywhere. Did it not come wrapped up in MSDE?
I have W2K Pro, Visual Studio .NET 2003, MSDE loaded v8.00.760. Is there anybody out there that can help a .NET newbie out. The guy the company had hired to come in here and start our .NET efforts has quit and dumped all this in my lap. I am familiar with
Visual Studio 6; however, we hav always used Sybase Anywhere before. Any help will be appreciated.
Kenneth A. Jinks, Jr.
Lead Project Software Engineer
LabCorp CPG - LCM Development
Huntsville, AL
> examples refer to the PUBS database which I can't find anywhere.
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/default.asp#code
http://tinyurl.com/2oyvh
Maybe you didn't permit network access, set a sa-password, didn't disable
antivirus or anything like that?
Regards,
Lars-Inge Tnnessen
www.larsinge.com

No comments:

Post a Comment