Wednesday, March 28, 2012

More info

In the the Log File Viewer, I select Maintenace Plan and there I see to rows
marked with a green icon and a + sign to the left... I clicked on the + to
reveal what's under the row.. then it revealed a row with an red stop icon
to the left...
On one of the rows with red stop icon, I read this error message:
Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a
Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a
profile name in the @.profile_name parameter.
any suggestions?Hi Jeff
It looks like it is having problems sending the email notification. Try
changing the maintenance plan to remove these. There is probably a notify
operator task that needs to be re-configured. Also check that you can send
test emails for database mail and SQL Agent mail configuration (in the
properties)
John
"Jeff" wrote:

> In the the Log File Viewer, I select Maintenace Plan and there I see to ro
ws
> marked with a green icon and a + sign to the left... I clicked on the + to
> reveal what's under the row.. then it revealed a row with an red stop icon
> to the left...
> On one of the rows with red stop icon, I read this error message:
> Could not generate mail report.An exception occurred while executing a
> Transact-SQL statement or batch.No global profile is configured. Specify a
> profile name in the @.profile_name parameter.
> any suggestions?
>
>|||I modifyed the Maintenance Plan -> selected the Maintenance plan I selected
"Modify". then I opened the "Reporting and Logging" window and unchecked
"Send report to an email recipient". Maybe the error was here... the agent
operator set as recipient was an domain account which not exist anymore
It's a long time since this domain account was removed - strange if caused
problem for sqlserver now
I saved my modifications to the maintenance plan...
How do I manually test if this actually solved the problem'
Best Regards
Jeff|||Hi Jeff
It may be that the account had been disabled but the mailbox remained until
more recently!!
At least everything works now!
John
"Jeff" wrote:

> I modifyed the Maintenance Plan -> selected the Maintenance plan I selecte
d
> "Modify". then I opened the "Reporting and Logging" window and unchecked
> "Send report to an email recipient". Maybe the error was here... the agent
> operator set as recipient was an domain account which not exist anymore
> It's a long time since this domain account was removed - strange if caused
> problem for sqlserver now
> I saved my modifications to the maintenance plan...
> How do I manually test if this actually solved the problem'
> Best Regards
> Jeff
>
>|||Right click on the maintanence plan and select Execute from the popup menu
and View History for that plan (by right clicking on it again...)
Ekrem nsoy
"Jeff" <donot@.spam.me> wrote in message
news:eDsSQBLQIHA.4584@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I modifyed the Maintenance Plan -> selected the Maintenance plan I selected
>"Modify". then I opened the "Reporting and Logging" window and unchecked
>"Send report to an email recipient". Maybe the error was here... the agent
>operator set as recipient was an domain account which not exist anymore
> It's a long time since this domain account was removed - strange if caused
> problem for sqlserver now
> I saved my modifications to the maintenance plan...
> How do I manually test if this actually solved the problem'
> Best Regards
> Jeff
>

No comments:

Post a Comment