Monday, February 20, 2012

MOM Subscription errors

I have a few MOM reports that give the following error when I try to
set up a new subscription. I have previously been able to subscribe to
the reports, but now we get this error.
"There is an error in XML document (1,50623)"
I have seen couple of other posts on this, but never an answer or
solution. I can open and run the report in Visual Studio, but even if I
republish them to another folder they still fail. I can see the error
in the logs telling me I have an illegal character, but other than
validating the error, the log does not provide useful info.
THis is happening on more than one MOM report, but only on MOM reports.
Anyone know what is happening'?Had to contact MS. Of course there is a bug that requires a HOT FIX
that needs to be run on the MOM server. Turns out somehow there are
non-printable characters being populated in the data the reports are
using for paramaters to the reports.
The RS log files shows that there is an illegal character but does not
tell you where it is. I finally stumbled upon the illegal character
when looking at the drop down list boxes on the reports. They are of
course non-printable characters so you will not see them in the results
of a SQL select statement.
Here is the article that outlines the problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=915785#XSLTH3120121123120121120120
Article ID : 915785

No comments:

Post a Comment