Saturday, February 25, 2012

Monitor database file size

Is there a best practice for monitoring how much space is free in a database
file? I can get this info for the log file using the performance monitor
and send me a message when the free space is low. I don't want to have to
manually check this everyday, so if there is an automated means that would
be great.
Thanks.Hi,
Take a look into this article, will help you to automate to db space
monitoring.
http://www.sql-server-performance.c...with_dts_05.asp
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"Tim Kelley" wrote:

> Is there a best practice for monitoring how much space is free in a databa
se
> file? I can get this info for the log file using the performance monitor
> and send me a message when the free space is low. I don't want to have to
> manually check this everyday, so if there is an automated means that would
> be great.
> Thanks.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment