Monday, February 20, 2012

money format

Hi.
I have a money field and its value is greater than a thousand.For example its value = 32.885,60
I want to show the field's format like this (this number's format).
I mean the thousand separator should be .(dot) and the decimal separator should be ,(comma)
And I want two digit after the decimal separator.All these conditions matches with this number(32.885,60)
Could you help me?

hi muhsin,

write an embeddede function which returns your amount like this: amount.ToString("N")

|||

Dear,

Write the embedded fucntion (=format(field,'fomat')

HT

from

sufian

|||Can you write for me please?
I tried but it didn't work.
What should I write in the format style area?|||

Could you format the string in code and then do a string replace to replace the , with a . and the . with a ,?

|||

Hi Muhsin,

sorry this isn't an answer for you, but very curious as to the currency you are working in?

I am used to formatting it the other way around (32,885.60)

99

|||

this is your function:

shared function GetCurrencyFormat(byVal Amount As Double) As String

return Amount.ToString("N")

end function

to call the function go to your layout and write in the cell or textbox or whatever the following:

=Code.GetCurrencyFormat(Amount)

thats it

|||

SpaceCadet wrote:

this is your function:

shared function GetCurrencyFormat(byVal Amount As Double) As String

return Amount.ToString("N")

end function

to call the function go to your layout and write in the cell or textbox or whatever the following:

=Code.GetCurrencyFormat(Amount)

thats it

But this is not I want.
This is already a format in the properties of the textbox.
You don't need to write a function for this.
I want the thousand seperator to be dot and the decimal seperator to be comma.
Your solution's result is for example 15,250.30.
But I want 15.250,30.
Thanks anyway.
If you find another solution , please share it with me!|||You can accomplish this by adjusting the Language property for the textbox, or the entire report to a language that uses this format. The language settings can be specific to just number formats when just setting the NumeralLanguage property on the textbox. After setting these properties, just use "N" as the format code.

See the following link for more information about International Considerations for Reporting Services:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156493.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment