Saturday, February 25, 2012

Monitor DiskSpace

I have discovered that there is an extended procedure called xp_fixeddrives, which can check how much space you have on your SQL Server's drives, it works fine. Can some one tell me what can I use to monitor the above (space used on drive) on servers that do not have SQL at all. Remember I want to call that from my SQL NOT from VBWMI - Windows Management Instrumentation is what you need.
This provides you with the ability to monitor all sorts of metrics in a server which are outside of the realm of SQL Server. The notation for addressing the components takes some getting used to, but if you're writing a serious app, it's worth the effort.
Useful link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/using_wmi.asp

Try searching from www.alltheweb.com or other for +WMI +<whatever language you use>

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment